Friday, June 15, 2012

Sleep

Sleep. Ever since I was young, I don't remember taking any naps. Not until I was in college. To me, taking naps are generally wasting my time, sometimes even my normal sleep time. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that sleep is not important, heck in fact I'm the type of person that can go to bed at 9 or 10.

What I'm trying to say that there is not a fixed number of hours that a person needs to sleep. Why have I only started to take naps(very rare situation for me) in college? because its the amount of stress on the brain building up. I would have gone perfectly fine without naps. Sometimes its the naps that kills my energy. So I really don't understand when some parents make sure that their kids take afternoon naps.

I mean, as a kid, I wouldn't like to spend my day in bed. I don't have homeworks, I don't have worries, why can't I just go play around and enjoy the new things I can find? Even if the kid will take a nap, its just because the parents themselves are training their brain to get used to taking naps. Parents always want their kids to have the best, but the problem is when what they think are the best, is actually not the best. Hey, people, thats a living person right there, they have their own thinking, and its their own body, so who are you to tell them that their body cannot take it? I know its scientifically proven and such, but there is also no guarantee that your child is not the odd case in the study.

A very good example where it is possible for me to not have enough sleep is the time I wake up on some of my mornings. Sometimes EXACTLY 5 minutes before my alarm rings. And no, that's not even the insomnia type, I wake up fully refreshed and awake even after a mere 5 hours of sleep. However, there are times where I would remind myself that there is nothing important in the morning tomorrow, and my brain would take it as a signal that I would sleep until at least 9 or 10am. And that's exactly what will happen. Because my parents wont be able to wake me up unless they take extensive measures.

Nowadays I tend to understand the other meaning to sleeping. Its when you just feel that you want to get away from this world, from all the annoying things you have to do, from all the sad situation you are in, from all the pain that you are enduring right now. Sleeping is an escape. An only mean to run away temporarily from all the madness while not damaging your body at the same time. Well, any other person could take drugs(whether prescribed or not) or alcohol, but I'm stingy and I love my body so no thanks. But let's face it, after you wake up, you're gonna get more shit in front of your table to deal with anyways. Sigh, and I was thinking university and college life was going to be happier, seems like my miserable-ness is moving to the extreme.

Looking on the bright side : this is definitely the chance to further train my EQ lol... dont really know how much I can stand this any longer...

No comments: