Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CNY update

Hmm, its been awhile since I updated my blog.

Lets see what I can update. Its still the Chinese New Year season, and that is why I am so busy which leads to the late update. Angpaus are tradition during Chinese New Year so I am very happy that I am not the one giving them out (not planning to be giving out soon anyways). Somehow rather, this year its nothing too special except that my cousin from UK came over. Well, the celebration stuff was usual. People came over, we went over, everybody visited everybody else (in hopes of getting angpaus - younger generations anyways). It was all fun, except the part of gambling and losing money. I havent opened my red packets yet since its a custom to wait till the 15th day of CNY. All in all, the 1 week break was fun from uni.

Talking about uni, these few days sucked for me. Before CNY, the management didnt realize there would be so many students that the venue was too packed. Then they told us to join the other class where we only had monday classes. Now when we come back, they tell us that instead of reducing our time, they are now squeezing the original timeframe into 3 weeks. After being successful in giving us a headache, the lecturer is telling us that he wants to replace class lost on a Saturday by organising a trip. Guess what, student will have to DIY and he just comes along and babysits us. Very nice idea to save brainpower on what to do for 6 hours. Another killer is there will be one monday where classes stretch on from 8.30 to 5.30 non-stop. Even if he decides to give us a break, the mental torture of having 9 hour classes will leave damage to our brain. Luckily, I have geared up my brain with extensive armor, lets hope PhD wont mean permanent head damage for me.


Lastly, a pic that somehow portraits my feelings

No comments: